We've been tempted to move the focus of these quizzes outside the confines of SAIS Bologna to the fertile territory of international relations. Imagine what kinds of questions we could ask if we plumbed the murky depths of international trade theory, conflict management or (I'm rubbing my hands here) European institutions.
But a lot goes on at SAIS, and mysteries lurk in the nooks and crannies of its past. So here we go with this week's quiz:
One year before the Bologna Center opened, Johns Hopkins University, at the initiative of then SAIS Dean Philip Thayer, started a center of studies in an Asian country. What was the name of the center and in which country was it located?
|The center was in this city.|
- Monday, January 24: Our faculty -- experts in international affairs
- Tuesday, January 25: A video peek at SAIS Bologna
- Wednesday, January 26: Languages at SAIS
- Thursday, January 27: What are we looking for?
- Friday, January 28: Weekly quiz